Chinese New Year is coming soon.
I’m not into the zodiac/horoscope, but, it’s pretty interesting to read up a little.
I was born in the year of the pig.. oink oink.
The water-element pig to be exact.
There are a couple of things that does describe me.
- Honest, straightforward and patient (Patient? lol.. mostly no! But, I’m brutally straightforward and honestly downright harsh)
- Reserved with those who they know not too well, but, as time passes and they gain confidence those around may discover a lively and warm-hearted person behind that mask of aloofness (I’ll only really open up to anyone if I know I can do so with that person, else, I’ll just keep to myself)
- Easy to put trust in; she won’t let you down and will never even try to. (I don’t know.. I don’t promise anything to anyone because I have a tendency not to want people to expect too much from me. But, I won’t say I wouldn’t try my best)
- Not vengeful creatures and if someone has tried to take and advantage of them, the pig type tend to withdraw to reflect on the problem and protect themselves (I do speak out, but, would start to feel bad even if it’s for the better,, probably because I feel that I’ve done it in a harsh way one way or another)
- Never afraid to allow others their freedom of expression; they do not want to cause any argument and if there is any chance to avoid arguing they probably will take this occasion (Only when I need to…)
- They are not weak, however, and if the situation causes them to fight these people will rise to the occasion, whether it is to defend themselves or close people (My hot-headedness would bite you inside out)
- Love nature and are never happier than when they are out somewhere, far from the city (I don’t really mind either, as long as simplicity in life is in place, but, yes, I’d prefer living nearer to nature)
- There is a prevailing view that people of this type are dreamers, and at times they certainly are, but it is important to remember that they are also sharp enough to realize what is going on (Yes! I’m a dreamer, but, I turn into a go-getter when I know what I want and I.. well.. have a tendency to watch, listen and learn from people around me about anything. For example, you can be a stranger, but, I’ll watch how you react or talk.. that’s how I learn about a lot of things indirectly, without anyone teaching me)
- Their reputation is important to them and although these people are happy to be the target of gentle jokes, there is always a possibility hurt them when someone is trying unjustly accuses them or is behaving openly vindictive (shucks…)
- Constantly sacrifice their own happiness and comfort for the sake of the close ones (double shucks…)
False (for me):
- Conservative creatures of habit (I’m pretty open to speak my mind)
- Modest and shy character who prefers to work quietly behind the scenes and when others disappear she is often there to offer support (Actually, I used to. But, I’ve learned to speak up and help out since I reached my mid-twenties)
- They dislike being made to travel too far from familiar surroundings unless it is a trip to the country (I love doing new things and going to new places!!! Even planned to migrate when I was in my early 20s – which was eventually folded though)
Let’s just let everyone see me first hand without knowing the good side of me, so, I’ll just list out the negative things about me:
- outrageously epicurean
- earthy to a fault
- sometimes downright criminally mad at the world
But, the most horrible part of me would probably be the one who is proud and hot-tempered.
Which… I constantly need to slap my own head to bring myself down to the ground.
So… what’s yours?