I was playing soccer with my dad, brothers and the neighborhood guys living nearby since I was young.
I do want to add in a bit more to the list.
- Playing anywhere that has enough space for us to play is fine, under the void deck, a small field, open spaces within our neighborhood (even if there’s a sign stating “playing soccer is not allowed”).
- Using slippers, in fact, anything we can find, if none of us own cones to act as “goalposts”.
- Arguing whether it’s a goal after hitting the “goalposts”.
- Running around barefooted if we don’t want to wear sports shoes or soccer boots to play.
- There are no midfielders or defenders. Everyone is an aggressive striker and would defend as and when needed. (But, I love being a goalkeeper!)
- Someone will be “picked” aka bullied to be the ball picker. Ok.. well.. sometimes, we alternate.
- Screaming “goal” at the top of our voices as if it was the biggest achievement we’ve ever made.
- Playing on the muddy field (after a rainy spell)? Who cares? The muddier the better! Game on!!!!
No childhood was awesome without playing in the rain and in the mud! >_<
But… be ware of the aftermath of getting a good old scolding from your mom, etc when you get home! lol~