Why not make a list, as much as I can remember, on what I’ve done to get me to where I am in the preparation process… all in one post.
So, this post will be updated again and again, without creating a new one, until the big day.
So, if there’s someone from this list that you’d like to hire for your big day, go ahead and contact them~ ^_^
Note: I will not scrutinise the details in which how many times I had to go to and fro to contact the vendors to make the instalments, confirmation on changes, etc, in between these main points.
The wedding preparations was done by me… alone.
Not with my mum (who wasn’t exactly bffs with me at all), not with my sister, not with my other half, not with my family, not with any of my friends.
Just plain old me.
It has been a hectic year of planning and will not be done with until the wedding is over.
It was insane for me.
Juggling between other people’s and my feelings and problems.. his and my family issues… work… and even straining our relationship because I’ve been PMS-ing most of the time due to the high stress load.
1: Car Decoration – 2nd Aug
2: Wedding on 3rd Aug + post-wedding photography 7th – 9th Aug + honeymoon 5th – 16th Aug
1: To send a few of our “hantaran” gifts to have it decorated together with the gift trays – 13th July
- Misbaha & Prayer mat
- Nike Dunk Low Pro SB in Orange
- Wedding Band from Lovis Diamonds - Love Connection
- Fossil - CH2891 – Coachman Chronograph Leather Watch in Brown
- Braun Buffel Wallet
- Polo Blue Ralph Lauren Man-care & Perfume Set
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX80 Camera
Him to me
- Telekung & Prayer mat
- Puma Suede Mid Classic Sneaker in Pink
- Diablo Books
- Makeup from Sephora
- Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise Bag in Black
2: To book 2 round trip flight tickets to and fro Jeju via Eastarjet
3: Finalise on whether we can get a silat team
4: Finalise on the last set for the 3 sets of clothes
5: Collect wedding bands – 18th July
6: Collect the altered clothes – 20th July
7: Collect hantaran trays – 27th July
8: Get our hair coloured + cut + treatment at our fave hair salon at Lacoco Korean Hair Salon @ Vivocity – Final week of July
1: Meet with camera & video company to finalise on the itinerary
2: Buy the clothes for:
- best men - purchased
- bridesmaids – purchased (altered, to collect on 20th July)
- mum - purchased (altered, to collect on 20th July)
- dad & younger brother – purchased
- elder brother & his family – purchased
3: To finalise our “hantaran” gifts
He doesn’t know what he wants yet, so I’m waiting for him to give me his list.
Me to him: 7 items
Him to me: 5 items
4: Bought our wedding bands at Lovis Diamonds. Collection date: 18th July
Looks something like the picture below, but, in two tones, rose and white gold.
5: Start to send out invitations
- Card via face-to-face and mail
6: Finally found my perfect pair of white wedding heels
7: Had facial done
The picture is raw and non-edited.
lol~ I can see the huge pores, dark rings under my eyes and tiny pimples all over on my faceeeeee~
Oh gosh… I really need to do my hair next month!!!
So dry and the ombre effect is not nice at all.. I’ve not dyed my hair for quite a long time.
Grew it out so that the hair dye colour would be more evened out.
1: Booked flights. Had problems with AirAsia because they refuse to either give us “free” tickets or return the amount we paid for double booking to KL a year back. To and fro to Changi Airport and got nothing from them eventually.
Trip to KL with our wedding planner to purchase a couple of stuff including getting my white wedding gown hand-sewn from scratch by Dwen Raha. I told him what I wanted and he drew it out on paper. Woot! And.. and… my tiara! It’s so pretty! <3 The accommodation and food was paid by them. We only paid for our plane ride (it was still expensive though… about 400 bucks just for a one-day trip)
The shop where I got my tiara. All I did was asked if I could get one.. and.. they agreed to get me one, so, I took my time trying a couple before choosing one cute one!
Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of it. lol~
View from the apartment we were staying
Beautiful view at the airport before we boarded the plane back home
2: Travel Insurance by Aviva Singapore for 2 for the South Korea trip (post-wedding photography + honeymoon)
3: Spent a week researching on all the places to go and setting an itinerary for our trip to South Korea
- Flight 7am – 8.35pm (3 hours interval – stopping by Hong Kong)
- Staying over at apartment 1 – booked via AirBnB
- Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Buckhon Hanok Village
- Ice Gallery
- Changdeokgung Palace
- Extra: Ssamze-gil
- Namsan Cable Car
- N Seoul Tower
- Staying over at apartment 1 in Gangnam – booked via AirBnB
7th – 9th Aug
- IDOWEDDING photoshoot!
- Staying over at one of the hotels listed by the company in Gangnam – booked via Dynasty Travel
10th – 12th Aug
- Fly from Gimpo Airport to Jeju International Airport
- Maze Land
- Trick Art Museum
- Sungsan Sunrise Peak
- Waterfalls – Cheonjeyon, Jungbang, Cheonjiyon
- Alive Museum
- Teddy Bear Museum
- Jusaangjoli Cliff
- Glass Castle
- Soingook Miniature Theme Park
- Chocolate Museum
- Hyupjae Beach
- Staying over at a hotel in Jeju booked via Agoda
- Fly back to Gimpo Airport
- Lotte World Adventure
- Staying over at apartment 2 near Han River booked via AirBnB
- Nami Island
- Petite France
- Cheonggyecheon Stream
- Banpo Bridge Rainbow Fountain – River evening Cruise + buffet dinner onboard or Dongjak Cloud Cafe
- Staying over at apartment 2 booked near Han River via AirBnB
- Namdaemun Market
- Dongdaemun Market
- Extra: Munjeong-dng Rodeo Street
- Extra: Hwagae-gil Shoes Street
- Staying over at apartment 2 booked near Han River via AirBnB
- Flight from 8.50am – 6.20pm (3 hours interval, stopping by Hong Kong)
4: Researched and emailed 5 Korean taxi drivers in Jeju to book to bring us around for our 3-days trip there.
3 replied with their mobile numbers.
Will call them on the first day upon reaching Seoul
5: Met up with our consultant from IDOWEDDING to finalise on what we wanted for the photoshoot
6: Booked our hotel from IDOWEDDING’s list via Dynasty Travels (in order to get the free tansportation whilst doing the photoshoot, else, it would cost us about SG$400!)
7: Booking of 4 hotels/apartments of accommodation because we would be roving from Seoul to Gangnam to Jeju to Seoul.
2 via Airbnb. 1 as said above. 1 via Agoda.
8: Ordered Elegant Custom made Wedding Card Box from ExoticWeddingBoxes via Etsy.com
9: Booked flight for 2 round tickets for Singapore Changi Airport - Seoul Incheon International Airport aboard Cathay Pacific via New Shan Travel
10: Finalise with our wedding planner at their office on
- The menu of food and drinks that we specifically want
- Cake & cupcakes
It would be something like this:
But, with the design of Mario!
- Clothes + accessories
First outfit for my solemnisation event:
Don’t have a picture of it, but, it’s a kebaya similar the one above except that it’s in Tiffany blue.
- Colour and design of my flower bouquet
Something like this:
- What colours and type of decorations we would like for the Bunga Pahar + Bunga Rampai + Sirih Junjung + Sirih Dara
- Cookies as favors. The top ones are for the adults and the bottom ones are for the kids
- They ordered and treated us Domino pizza in their office! <3
1: Collected the invitation cards after a lot of to and fro changes made on the venue and whatnot.
2: Make a list of 100+ songs for the wedding
3: Renew passport via website and went down to collect a few weeks later, in time for the KL, Malaysia trip
Booking via Registry of Muslim Marriage website for solemnisation services and application for marriage
There were only 3 kadi available for the date! :( Not much of a choice.
Booking of the usage of Amphitheatre for 2 days (Saturday + Sunday), including power and water usage with the Town Council
1: Met my second make-up artistto do a make-up trial at my wedding planner’s office
Honestly, I’m too lazy to go for another trial make-up session with another one. >_>
With the first outfit:
With the second outfit:
With the third outfit:
1: Attended the 2-full days Pre-Marriage Course in English via SPMC at CIMB building in Raffles Place
It was an awesome one!!! Enjoyed and loved it!
2: Confirmed from whom we would borrow the car from and who would be the driver.
Eventually, it was one of his bestmen
Attended an event at Compassvale to choose and make a down-payment for the invitation cards.
- 600 pcs of DL Size Postcards
1: Called up and went to see the owner of Ken Studio at his office to book two packages for the big day.
- 10 hours photography service
- 300 pcs of 4R photo with album
- All images returned in high resolution digital file
- Requested for the owner to be our photographer for the day
- 10 hours videography service
- 2 pcs of DVD with editing
- Raw video on DVD
2: Made an appointment with IDOWEDDING at the Singapore Expo to book for a our post-wedding photography
VIZIT KOREA 4888
- 30-pages standard photography
- 4 gowns and 2 tuxedo + Hanbok set
- 1 consultant + 1 hair and make-up artist
- 20R photo frame
- Original CD (unedited images)
- Local transportation in South Korea (only if we book the list of hotels they partner with via them directly or Dynasty Travels)
3: I wanted to hire Ola Lola Weddings & Events services for my “hantaran” gift trays, but, they apologetically said they wouldn’t be working during that month of our event. :(
Back to the drawing board of research.
4: 2 weeks later, I found Zudyra Creations and took up their package
- Snap and Print Guestbook services (including photobooth)
- 12 “hantaran” gift trays
- Artificial car decoration
5: Called Town Council on how the booking of the location and what we can get out of it
6: Went to the first make-up artist’s place with my wedding planner for a makeup trial
It was alright, but, too thick for my taste
We went through with their range of packages and settled with the most expensive one, whilst, removing some of the stuff.
- Food (too long a list to place it here >_<) and dessert for 1200 pax
- Stage or what we would call “pelamin”, decoration of up to 20ft
- Tables and chairs with covers
- Banquet services
- DJ (my own set of songs in mp3)
- Bunga Pahar + Bunga Rampai + Sirih Junjung + Sirih Dara
- 1200 pcs wedding favors (cookies!)
- 100 pcs favors for kids
- Makeup artist and Hair Stylist + 3 sets of wedding clothes
- 3-tier cake + cupcakes
Oct 2012 – Apr 2013
I did a lot of research.
From food to cards to wedding planners to decoration, etc.
But, we came to a mutual agreement that we would take that wedding planner.
Honestly, we felt that we could work with them because of all the vendors, we were way comfortable whilst discussing with them.
The rest felt as though there was a gap between us and them as clients vs business people.
I called them up and we set up a meeting time and place to talk further and sign a contract!
Asked for A LOT of quotations from a long list of vendors for nearly everything.
Signed the lease, paid for the down-payment.
Estimated to be up by end 2016
Applied for HDB housing loan
We visited the (Malay) Wedding Fair held at the Singapore Expo, talked to a number of vendors.
I was hoping to have a wedding in a hotel initially.
But, eventually gave up on the idea a few weeks later because it would be way too expensive if we were to invite a big group of people.
Hotel = smaller group.. thus, probably only family members and a few close friends… =(
Of the lot, we also spoke to our (eventual) wedding planner, Urbane Wedding Concept.
We actually made a down-payment for a pre-wedding photography by Ken Studio.
Yet, we left the location, still with lots of doubts and unsure about anything at all.
Got a queue number, which is a bit more than half of the number of selected people.
Did a little research and chose a few houses we would like to live in and got one of them (it’s on a first-come-first-serve basis based on your balloted queue number)
Applied for Build-to-order flat during the July 2012 exercise for a spot at the north-east of Singapore as a first-timer.
Some time in 2012?
All he said was… “let’s buy house together”.
That was pretty much our “done-deal” to get married and a house.
No proposals.. no rings.. nothing except that one line.